I was born in Hampshire and have lived in north east Essex, mid Wales, Gloucestershire and Dumfries and Galloway where I have now settled.
The turning point in my artistic development came in 1992 when I joined an evening class in etching at what is now the University of Gloucestershire. Over successive years my commitment to printmaking grew and in 1998 I bought my own press. I became a full time artist in 2006 when I moved to Port William, in South West Scotland, following redundancy.
- 1999, significant sale to the Nuffield Foundation followed by an AA2A award to spend 100 hours in Art College studios
- 2007 solo exhibition at the Wildfowl and Wetlands HQ, Slimbridge (followed in 2011 by a second exhibition)
- 2007 winner of the Birds, Birds, Birds prize for the most innovative exhibit at the National Exhibition of Wildlife Art (NEWA) on the Wirral
- 2008 winner of the Birds Illustrated prize for the most outstanding piece of avian artwork also at NEWA
- Regular exhibitor at the SWLA’s Natural Eye, (open exhibition) at the Mall Galleries, London
- Contributor to Wildlife in Printmaking, published in 2012 by the Langford Press
- Solo exhibitions at the Scottish Ornithologist’s Club HQ at Aberlady in 2012 and 2014
- Visual Arts Award to study Japanese Woodblock printing at Edinburgh Printmakers (Summer school) 2012
- Residencies at Nature in Art, Gloucestershire, 2012 and 2014
- Artist in Residence at the East Neuk Festival, 2013
- Runner up in the British Wildlife in Art Award at NEWA, 2014
- My own book, First Impressions, was published by the Langford Press in August 2014
- Contributor to The Artful Hare, published in 2015 by the Mascot Press
- Winner of the Artist Magazine Award at the David Shepherd Wildlife Artist of the Year exhibition 2015 (Mall Galleries, London) . Also Highly Commended overall.
Very good selections of my work are always available at the Mc Gill Duncan Gallery, Castle Douglas and the Birdscapes Gallery in Glandford, Norfolk. I also have work at the Dancing Light Gallery near West Linton, the Old House Gallery, Oakham, The Yellow Door Gallery and Gracefield Arts Centre both in Dumfries, the Whitehouse Gallery in Kirkcudbright and the Bourneside Gallery in Dorking. Recently The Jetty Gallery in Oban has started to take my work. I exhibit annually at the British Birdwatching Fair at Rutland water, (see Exhibitions page for full exhibition listings).